Software and Supplementary Information for the paper
MatAlign: Precise Protein Structure Comparison by Matrix Alignment
Journal of Bioinformatics and Computational Biology, 4(6):1197-1216, 2006
Zeyar Aung and Kian-Lee Tan
National University of Singapore
Please kindly send suggestions, post questions, and report bugs to Zeyar Aung (zeyarag A_T gmail.com).
Unix (compiled and tested under SunOS 5.7)
- After downloading the file, if its extension is ".tar" or ".tar.tar", please change it to ".tar.gz" before decompressing the file.
- Decompress it with gzip and tar
gzip –d MatAlign_v11_Unix.tar.gz
tar xvf MatAlign_v11_Unix.tar
- Consult README file and MatAlign_v11_Readme_Unix.pdf file.
Supplementary Information for the Manuscript
· MatAlign performs better than DALI and CE in terms of 4 alignment quality criteria in a majority of cases. (See detailed results in MS Excel)
· When the alignment lengths are set to be equal, MatAlign’s RMSD is still better in a majority of cases. (See detailed results in MS Excel)
Last Update: Wednesday, August 02, 2006